How Can I Buy a Suppressor?
Glad you asked.
Owning a suppressor is legal in the majority of states in the USA.
Not legal in a loophole kind of way, either, but legal in a clearly defined set of rules and steps required way.
What that means for you is when people ask you, "You own a suppressor? Isn't that illegal?" you can clearly and confidently answer them.
"Not at all. It's completely legal."
Here's the skinny.
There are only eight states that currently prohibit owning a suppressor: California, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and the District of Columbia.
For everyone else, as long as you complete the, admittedly, numerous steps, pass the background checks and pay the fees, you can own a suppressor.
Or, to express it another way, if you are not legally restricted from owning a firearm, you are not legally restricted from owning a suppressor either.
Or, if you can legally buy a gun, you can buy a suppressor.
What are the steps, exactly, you ask?
Glad you asked.
- Be able to legally purchase a silencer (does not live in one of the restrictive states listed above, United States citizen, 21 years of age or older, legally allowed to own a firearm and/or suppressor (no felony convictions, mental issues, restraining orders, etc.) and can pass an FBI NICS background check)
- Contact and arrange delivery and storage of silencer with a local FFL dealer.
- Purchase silencer of your choice(We've got a few you might like)
- Fill out and submit the BATF's required forms (Form 4 for individuals, Form 4 and Form 5330.20 for trusts or corporations). This includes being fingerprinted and photographed.
- Fill out and submit required forms for an FBI NICS background check.
Once all the steps are completed, you'll be notified of passing all the required steps and then you will be able to pick up your silencer from your previously-arranged FFL dealer.
While it's complex and irritating, the process is mostly time-consuming. If you've got general questions about the purchase process or our suppressors, then please go to our contact page and let us know how we can help.
However, if you are past that stage in the buying process and are interested in purchasing one of our fine Arion suppressors, then please read the information below and fill out the form below to get the process started. Once we recceive your information we'll be in touch shortly.
Buying an Arion Suppressor "Over the Internet" (Legal information)
Buying a suppressor on the internet is in many ways similar to buying a suppressor face-to-face or in a brick-and-mortar store. The same requirements that govern face-to-face sales also govern sales on the internet. As such, we here at Arion must insure that our customers will follow all applicable laws and are legally able to purchase suppressors where they live.
In order to purchase a suppressor from Arion, you must affirm the following:
- I live in a state that allows me to legally own a suppressor (Residents of California, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island - sorry, you're out of luck and we will not ship suppressors to any address in these states (LEO and Government Agencies, FFL dealers and firearm manufacturers, please contact us directly at email@example.com)).
- I am at least 21 years of age.
- I am a United States citizen.
- I am legally allowed to own a firearm and/or suppressor (no felony convictions, mental issues, restraining orders, etc.) and can pass an FBI NICS background check (and will do so).
- I will fill out and submit the BATF's required forms (Form 4 for individuals, Form 4 and Form 5330.20 for trusts or corporations), will be able to pass the BATF background checks and will pay the $200 Stamp Tax.
- I will be fingerprinted and photographed as required for the BATF forms and FBI NICS background check.
- I will pay the transfer fee and any additional required fees to the FFL where my suppressor will be shipped to.
- I understand that a separate Tax Stamp Fee and the above listed steps will be required for each suppressor I purchase, even if multiple suppressors are purchased at one time.
- By clicking the button below I legally affirm the above to be true and understand that if any of the required steps to legally purchase any Arion suppressor are not fulfilled that I will not receive my purchased suppressor until the legal requirements are satisfied. I understand that if I cannot legally finish the required steps my suppressor may be returned to Arion and I may or may not be refunded the amount I paid for my suppressor.